I ordered a free trial from The Honest Company, just because I was curious to see what Jessica Alba’s company was all about. The website tells their story well- the company was founded by parents who wanted eco-friendly, safe, and affordable products for their family. The products are non-toxic and beautifully packaged.
There are two options for a free trial: the Diapers Bundle or the Family Essentials Pack. I selected the Family Essentials Pack, and the included items are: shampoo, lotion, hand soap, laundry detergent, and body balm. The package arrived quickly, and the products inside were:
1. Shampoo: The first thing I did with this product was smell it. It smells like an Orange Julius, but very fresh and clean. It is supposedly tear-free, so I’ll definitely try this on my boys. It is also plant based, organic, and uses essential oils and fruit extracts.
2. Lotion: This lotion was great. It has no scent to it, and it’s not greasy. Organic, hypoallergenic and non-toxic. This is great for sensitive skin that may react to anything unnatural.
3. Hand soap: This product is biodegradable, all natural and made with organic lemongrass oil and grapeseed botanical extracts. This will be great to bring on our family camping trips!
4. Laundry detergent: This is a winner. You can use it on all of your laundry, including hand wash items. It is also biodegradable and hypoallergenic. I would like to see if using this regularly clears up one of our family member’s skin issues…
5. Balm: This can be used as a diaper rash cream, or Dad’s razor burns- according to The Honest Company. It contains organic essential oils and olive oil. This seems like a versatile item to keep in a family household, and I used it on my dry elbows- worked great!
As I mentioned above, I was happy with the products. The reason that I didn’t sign up was the cost. I am already splurging on the Bluum monthly subscription box. A membership to The Honest Company Essentials Bundle costs $35.95/month. You can add up to 3 additional products each month at a 25% discount, and no additional shipping charge. For the other items available in this monthly bundle, options include: sunscreen, dish detergent, hand sanitizer, bubble bath, multi-surface cleaner, and stain remover.
The separate Diapers Bundle is $79.95/month. You can also combine the Diapers Bundle and the Essentials Bundle for $115.90 per month. And I have to say, the diapers
from this company are absolutely adorable. They are plant-based, disposable diapers and they come in all kinds of cute patterns like: skulls, gingham, dinosaurs, pink stars, etc. I will keep these in mind for baby showers, because they are just so unique!