Each year in January, we ‘reset’. We try to realign our ideals with our reality. I normally don’t truly set resolutions for myself. But this year, I’ve decided to give it a try. You can keep me honest, and call me out. Here goes!
1. Being In The Moment– I’m going to try not to worry so much about what the future holds, since this just adds stress to my life. It’s important for me to enjoy the ‘here and now’ with our boys growing up so fast!
2. Stay Focused– When I’m at work, I want to be doing my best. When I’m at home, I want to be focused on being a better parent. The boys deserve my full attention. It’s easy to be too tired, or too cranky to really be there with them. I want to focus on them. Tangible results for this goal to me include getting on the floor and playing trains or dinosaurs. That doesn’t sound too bad!
3. Looking My Best– Because I believe that this will translate to feeling my best- which will help with all the other resolutions! I want to try to be ‘put together’ as much as I can. Since I get up so early for work, I tend to get lazy with my appearance towards the end of the week (by this I mean, after Monday). I would like to look professional, and after seeing photos of myself with my hair up- I need to keep my HAIR DOWN! More likely, I’ll search Pinterest for ‘professional updos’ – see below!
4. Being Nicer– I want to put positive vibes out there, and I know that I’ll get positivity back! You never know why people behave the way they do, but this year I’m focusing on being a better ME. I’m not going to worry about what’s causing other people to behave badly. I want my children to be pleasant, and easy to get along with- so I need to be a role model!
5. Eating Healthier- I know this is very general, but I would like to shift our family’s diet towards more veggies and organic produce and milk. If I present my children (and my husband) with healthy options, everyone will benefit. Simple, healthy and fresh food is the goal here. Less processed, sugary and ‘thrown together’ meals.
What are YOUR New Year’s Resolutions? Have you kept them so far? It has been 10 days!