This weekend is Easter, a holiday where we celebrate new life in all its forms. Even if you aren’t religious, this time of year is the beginning of spring! This week I have been racking my brain, trying to come up with age-appropriate Easter basket ideas. I do not want to fill the boys up with candy and chocolate, especially before heading over to Grandma’s house. We all know what happens there. Here are a few ideas, in case you are searching for ideas for toddlers.
1. Bath toys– Munchkin letters and numbers have been a hit at our house. Check your local Target or Babies R Us.
2. Sand/beach toys– pails, shovels, sandcastle molds… what’s more exciting than looking forward to summer time at the beach!
3. Books– Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit is a natural choice, and I like to get the matching stuffed animal. This may be why my older son has about 300 stuffed animals in his bed right now…
4. DVDs- you can’t eat those! Baby Mayhem will try, though… I’m sure.
5. Plum Organics Fiddlesticks Snack Sticks– Apple Carrot flavor, of course.
6. Annie’s Bunny Snacks- if you throw in the Chocolate Chip bunny graham snacks, you aren’t completely passing on chocolate…
7. Chalk– Crayola washable chalk is great, if you haven’t tried it – you should! http://www.crayola.com/products/where_to_buy/index.cfm
I have found almost all of these items at Target, and Babies R Us. I have also found that CVS has a good selection of odds and ends for holidays. Happy Easter!
Please share, and let me know what you are putting in your Easter baskets- or better yet, share pictures!